Thursday 5 January 2017

A Close Friend's Birthday

Hello dear friends and welcome to my blog.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  Let's hope this year doesn't fly past as quickly as last year  did .. I'm sure I blinked and it was gone!!  LOL!!  I also hope that this will be a better year all round than 2016.  So many nasty things happened in the world last year .. just hope this year is peaceful!

So, I have another card to share today.

I actually made this one quite a while ago, last year as a matter of fact .. LOL!!   Really not sure where the papers are from but I think the script paper could be from Pion and the other could be Maja, but I'm really not certain.


The flourish diecut is a Dynamics Die.  I used the blanks on a couple of my cards last year (here and here) and thought it was time to use the actual flourish itself!


The leaves and flowers are available at Megs Garden and the seam binding is from Tim Holtz.


Bought a packet of little Paper Rope Ties a while back.  They actually have wire inside them so I  twisted them losely around a skewer and added them to the cluster.




A fairly simple card to make but still shabby chic enough to suit me!!

Thank you so much for stopping by to  take a look and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
If you happen to live in Adelaide .. try to stay cool!!  Blooming hot here at the moment!!


Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's so hot here too! I love your card - that paper wire stuff is so versatile and looks great here! Best wishes for 2017 to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we had the awful hot weather last week Marg, so I know how hot it can be... and our air con is not working, waiting for the fix it man to come... however, your card is so lovely, the flowers and the layers and distressed edges look wonderful.. I hope you enjoy whats left of this week!! week end is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An elegant and pretty card to lift the spirits in this dreadful heat! I hope you are keeping cool somewhere? Love the little flourish and the rope ties add a touch of texture. I'm a big fan of the seam binding bow too. Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky friend Marg... Lovely cool colours for this unbearable heat here too. Love the colours on this and those little twistie things and that bow are just gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper rope ties, eh? They work soooo well... I remember your 'negative' die cut cards, LOL! Nice to see how you actually used the 'proper' part of the die! Nothing need go unused in this craft of ours, I reckon! Although I AM throwing out more than I used to:) My favest bit is that muslin. I just love how you tuck it in & it sort of adds a finishing touch. I keep forgetting I've got some in my drawer!!! Lovely card to start the new year off on. Keep COOOOOL! As possible.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best wishes for 2017 Margaret. You've made a beautiful elegant card! I love the shabby look! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.