Thursday 9 June 2016

A Birthday in Pastel Shades.

Hello my lovely visitors and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you dropped by.


June and July are fairly busy months for me as far as card making goes.  Lots of rellies and friends having birthdays .. luckily I do have some cards in reserve but I still have quite a few to make as well.  The inspiration for the card I am sharing today came from the pastel coloured papers I found in my stash.


I was looking for something light and pretty and these papers were perfect.  They are from an older Kaisercraft collection but I have no idea which one.  


Coloured the flowers with some watered down acrylic paint.


Lots of layers  .. papers and different laces.


 Added a small piece of gauze, a twine bow, a gem spray and a chipboard piece from 2Crafty Chipboard.


The flowers and the laces are all available from Megs Garden.


The leaves were cut with my Silhouette Portrait.  Awesome little machine!!







Two pockets on the inside .. one for a gift voucher and the other for a personal message written on a journal card.


Some splashes of white paint to finish!!  Done!!

I am really happy with the way this card turned out .. and it came together quite quickly too.  Simply went with the flow.   So, I guess I haven't lost my mojo where cards are concerned.  Yayy!!

Thank you so much for dropping by and for any little comment you may care to leave.
Take care, stay safe and God Bless.

Creativity is contagious.  PASS it on.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Margaret....and now book marked your blog so that I can pop in and see your creations more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! NO mojo lost here...it is up there with my fave cards of yours....the layers, the lightness and the pretty, pretty look. LOVELY!!!! Go forth and create. Lots, by the sounds of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a light and delicate touch with feminine cards Margy. Always elegant and inspiring. Your photography presents them so beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Marg, I truly LoVe your work! and this card is gorgeous. I like the dreamy colors you chose, and the bright pops the flowers give~ Such beautiful layers of luscious textures! And a finished 'inside' too: ) you are inspiring! Hugs to you, Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg! You have created another beautiful card, love the layers the flowers and lace.. I am sure whoever gets this will love it! I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Marg! You can never have too many birthday cards at the ready. lol. So many wonderful layers, and the pastel palette is just dreamy! Love the big blossom, so pretty. hugs and happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, love all the flowers and how you decorate the inside of the cards, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret. Beautiful card , so feminine .Amazing embellishing and inspirational work on inside of card too . Perfect photos highlighting many elements .
    hugs from one Adelaidean to another , cheers Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.