Friday 10 July 2015

Man Oh! Man

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  So pleased you stopped by for a visit.  Hope your day is going well.

So, here I am back to share another of my 'guy' cards.  I actually love the colours I've used on this one ..  my fave combo for masculine cards I think!!


The papers are a mix.  Some  from Kaisercraft and some from papers that I've purchased on Etsy from Kerry-Jean Watson.  Kerry-Jean has some gorgeous digital paper collections for sale  and they are so easy to download and you can print off just the sheets you want for your project.  No wastage, which I love.  You'll find a link to her shop on my side bar if you'd like to take a look.


The chippie is a piece cut from 2Crafty Chipboard's Bubble Grid Panel.  Coloured it with Midnight Black Versa Magic and added some Crackle Accents to the Bubbles.  The metal clock was swiped with Rangers Patina in Rust.  I love that look as the metal really does appear rusted in real life.  I attached the clock to the chippie with a piece of knotted twine which had been rubbed with Gathered Twig Distress Ink.


Some metal cogs from Megs Garden which have also been treated with the 'rust' Patina.


The little tag is a chippie from 2Crafty's Mini Tags.  I simply inked the edges then stamped and embossed the greeting and mounted it on some cardstock.


Another 2Crafty chippie.  This one is from Element Set 1.  I cut one of the pieces in half and then simply embossed it with black embossing powder and lightly swiped with the Patina Rust.  Don't you think the embossing makes it look like cast iron??  



The inside lined with Kaisercraft's Base Coat paper which has been  border punched on one side.



Once assembled and dry, I swiped the card randomly with some gesso.

So, there it is.  Another 'guy' card done and dusted.
There will be more to come, just not sure when. 

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God BLess.


11 comments:

  1. Great card Margaret,love all the grunge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant masculine make Marg, you are so clever with them and that colour combo really is fantastic! And yes, that chippie truly looks like cast iron, amazing!!

    Waving hi from a very chilly Mornington Peninsula :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this awesome masculine card - and I love the rusty-look pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! I hope your weekend is going well! A bit wet here at the moment! I always love you male cards, and this one is definitely a new fav... It is magnificent! So rustic, love the colors, love the cogs, and the inside looks wonderful too! Wow. Love everything about it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always gorgeous Margy...love the colour combo and the male elements , clock, cogs, twine and paper clip.. Love the altered chippie too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marg, I'm running out of superlatives to describe your cards. I'll have to settle for AMAZEBALLS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Marg. I love how you master masculine in your work. I also love the rusty clock and the inside of the card is just as amazing. Love it! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Margy, love that Patina Rust, I think I will definitely need me some of that !!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Margy! Love the staging too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card!! You totally rocked the masculine elements!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much amazing detail & a fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.