Wednesday 4 February 2015

2Crafty February Shares #1

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, I hope you are having a wonderful day.  A very special welcome to my new followers!!  Thank you for joining me here, love having you.

I haven't posted for a while as my life seems to have become quite hectic of late.  I'm going to have to start scheduling some blogging time in amongst everything else as I'm really missing my catch ups with other peoples creations!!

It is my turn again over at the 2Crafty Chipboard Blog and this time I am sharing some Valentines Day cards.  This one is the first of three cards that I will be sharing here over the next few days.

"Be My Valentine"

 2 Crafty Chipboard used

 Elements Set 3

 Ornate Heart Set


The papers used are from Prima's Romance Novel A4 Paper Pad and, as you can see, there are quite a number of layers.  Used my distressy tool to rough up the edges as well.  Love that look.


One piece from the Elements Set was cut in half and used on opposite corners.   They were both coloured with red acrylic paint and then dabbed with Glossy Accents.  I really love the intricate design on these chippies, they are so pretty and so versatile too.  You can leave them whole or cut them up to fit your project.  They may look delicate but they are quite strong.


The Ornate Heart was first covered with some Coarse Texture Gel and then was also coloured with red acrylic paint and covered with Glossy Accents.


The inside was decorated with some strips of the Romance Novel papers.  The bottom strip is a little pocket but I'm not sure yet whether I will actually use it.  Depends on whether I end up printing the verse out on a tag or simply glue it to the card.


I cut a little banner shape from a blank of another chipboard piece, printed the greeting onto a  piec of the Romance Novel papers and glued it to the banner.  It's a good idea to keep the blanks from your chipboard as it can be cut up and used in many different ways.  This was a tip from Janice Nichols one of  my Teamies.  Thanks Janice, great idea!!!


Once everything was dry I brushed around the card with some gesso.

So, this was the first of my projects for February and I do hope you have enjoyed it and found some inspiration.  Over the next few days I will share the rest of my cards.  In the meantime if you would like to take a look at all of them together you can find them HERE on the 2Crafty Chipboard Blog.  While you're there, why not also take a look at the fantastic projects created by the rest of the Team.
and remember, to find a 2Crafty Chipboard stockist near you, 
simply send an email to salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless. 

oxox

8 comments:

  1. beautiful, I love the overlap of the materials and the details !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Margy! You sooooo do such a beautiful job on your cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a LOVEly card, layers and distressed edges, flowers and chipboard.. love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, romantic card with superb showcasing of the chippies. Lots of inspiration here. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this valentines day card. Just perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous & so many beautiful details. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG FABULOUS!!! this card is just FANTABULOUS.......I love all the layers and the distressed edges.....Margy this is just so scrumptiously divine!!! Your attention to detail is second to none.... Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.