Monday 8 September 2014

My 2Crafty September Reveal #1

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!
It is my turn again over at the 2Crafty Blog and I would like to share the first of my September DT projects with you.
This is a card I created using some of their gorgeous chippies.
2Crafty products used
Heidi Vines
Mini Chicken Wire Barbed
The papers used are from Maja and, as you can see, I did a little stamping and stenciling as well as some doodling around the edges.


Lightly sprayed the back of the Heidi Vine with some water so it could be slightly shaped.  It was then coloured with Distress Inks and brushed with gesso.  I also added some texture paste to the 'bulbs' on the ends  and coloured them with Distress Ink and then swiped over the top with gold Versa Color.


The Chicken Wire Barbed comes in a 6" x 6" panel.  I simply cut off some small pieces and painted them with white acrylic paint.  While they were still wet, I sprinkled them with clear glitter and, when dry, tucked them in between the paper layers.  I love the look of torn paper and making some small tears over the chippies helps to show them off.



A closie of the flower cluster and that's a pleated doily peeking out from the rips in the paper.


Decorated the inside with a strip of the same paper which was edge punched with Martha Stewart's Optic Dot  Border Punch.  I also added a few strips of washi tape.




As I said at the start of this post this is the first of my 2Crafty projects for this month.  I have two more to share and I will be posting them over the next few days.  I do hope you will  come back to take a look.
In the meantime, why not pop over to the 2Crafty Blog and see what the rest of the DT Team have created.  You can find it HERE and to find a 2Crafty stockist near you ... drop an email to salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!
Take care and God Bless.


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Marg, with so many special little touches that just ooze creativity! I adore how you put it together and of course the inside looks wonderful too, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I especially like the chicken wire...subtle, but 'there'....& those little peekaboo folds....LOVELY:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, oh Marg this is gorgeous.. I really love the doiley peeking out in the little rip and love how you have altered the chipboard.. your cards are exquisite!! I hope you are having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb use of the Maja papers and lovely clustering of the Autumn coloured flowers. Love the chipboard treatment too. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very special creation!! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh my fave paper range. Just love those ones and they look great on the card ... the flowers are a lovely pop of colour and I love what you did with the chippies. Another stunning card from the card Queen :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you do design so well! LOVE the whole look of this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.