Wednesday 24 September 2014

'Blue' - Masculine Card # 4

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog.
A special warm welcome to my new followers, so pleased you decided to join me on this creative journey.
So, as promised, here is the last of this group of masculine cards, and this one is quite 'grungy'.
This was actually the first card I made of this particular group of cards and the inspiration for it came from the September Challenge Mood Board over at Our Creative Corner.  I had intended to enter this card in the Challenge but, once it was finished I wasn't sure it actually met the criteria and, by the time I had made up my mind to enter anyway (today), I was too late.  The Challenge has closed.  Ah well, better luck next time.

This was the Mood Board ...
... and my inspiration came from the picture in the bottom left hand corner.  Loooove the textures!  If you enjoy Challenges, why not take a look at Our Creative Corner.  They have some wonderful Challenges and also great inspiration from the Design Team.



The papers are a mix of Prima's 'Craftsman' and 'Engraver' papers and I also used a sheet from Kaisercraft's 'Garage Days'.  I love tearing my papers to size, but this time I did cut them and then distressed them with a Prima distressing tool.  The plastic mesh you can see below is more of that gutter guard I told you about in a previous post.
The tiny clock and the circular paper clip is available from Meg's Garden.  Check out the Website.  Meg has the most fabulous papers and embellies for sale.


Slathered some Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint on different layers for texture and, of course, also swiped gesso in random spots for the same reason.


Love that little metal light globe below but cannot remember where I got it from and have no idea what brand it is ...


... the same as with the metal cog.  I have tried to tidy up my supplies a bit and I keep finding these awesome little treasures but no information as to where they were purchased or what brand they are.  


A shot of the layers ... just because ... !


The inside was lined with more of the same papers and I made a pocket and tag as well.


The back of the tag was left blank so I could write my message.





This card was made for my youngest son's birthday and I am pleased to report that he loved it!!!  But then, I guess, he wouldn't dare say otherwise!!  LOL!!

(Next time I decide to enter a Challenge I will have to make sure I check the closing date.  LOL!!)

Thank you so much for visiting.  I hope wherever you are that your weather is as gorgeous as ours.  We are experiencing the most delightful spring days at the moment and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Now that I've said that of course, we'll probably get rain.  LOL!!

Do take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Love the way you've added the gesso and crackle to those gorgeous layers to give this so much added interest. Another winner! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the layers & your gutter guard use!!! And the inside is as beautiful as the outside!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah so sad you missed the challenge date on this one as it's so darn cool! Love all the layers and texture. Loooove the metal light bulb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure he would have loved it.. wonderfully layered and perfectly textured up too.. it looks fabulous.. and bummer about the date of the challenge.. I have done that too.. missed a challenge.. but then the up side is you have created a card that beats any challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your textures and layers. So much interest on this card. Thanks for leaving me a comment at OCC, very kind.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous.... Love the colours and the layers... that light bulb is so cool and I love the gutter guard... haven't found it here and no one knows what I am talking about :P this could take a while :D Thanks for sharing. lol I have missed a few challenge dates myself.... so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic masculine card Margaret....love the layers, texture and colours. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.