Wednesday 15 May 2013

Tags

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.
I'd like to share a couple of tags I made.  
Those of you who follow Astrid Maclean (you can find her blog HERE ) will know that she has  created quite a few tags lately.  She felt she'd lost her 'mojo' and was making tags using different techniques in the hopes of reviving said mojo.  Now believe me when I say that Astrid's work, even without her 'mojo' ( although I never thought it was missing ), is phenominal and in no way at all do I want to compare anything I've made with her projects.  I would be the loser every time.  She is such a talented lady, I could never aspire to get anywhere close, but she did inspire me to try my hand at making some tags myself.  Astrid is putting hers into a little booklet and I thought I would do the same.  I found some quotes and sayings that I liked and thought I could have these on hand whenever I felt the need.
This first one is very simple.  Just a bit of stamping, a few flowers, a couple of butterflies and the quote " Until you spread your wings you'll never know how far you can fly".
This tag was made with kraft cardstock and I used a couple of kaisercraft stamps for the background.
 I added a small piece of corrugated cardstock, a couple of small kaisercraft roses, printed the quote onto some paper, then cut out the words, inked them with Walnut stain Distress Ink and edged them with gold Versacolor.  The butterflies are stamps from Kaisercraft which I coloured (not good at this ) and then fussy cut and edged with gold.
I liked this quote because I was trying something new ( for me anyway ).  I was going to create some mixed media backgrounds but unfortunately I just don't have the nouse or the talent for that.  I made about seven but only kept three that I actually liked and two of those I had to emboss before I liked them.
So, no shimmery loveliness here I'm afraid.  I just have to be happy with what I can do.
This next tag was also made with kraft cardstock.  I again did some stamping and a little bit of masking, lightly brushed on some gesso and then added some Washi Tape.  

 The mini plaque is from Kaisercraft and the brad which I glued on the top of it is from Graphic 45.  I coloured the plaque with a homemade spray paint and edged it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
 The quotes I've used are all from the internet.
 The small roses and the large brad are from Kaisercraft and I believe the larger flowers are from Prima.
I think this tag is more 'me'.  I like it a lot better than the first one and I feel the quote is quite apt too.  I now know I'm not much good at the mixed media thing, but having said that, I am going to keep trying and you never know, one day I might surprise myself.  

Thank you so much for visiting.  
Please take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Margaret! Didn't even see you working on these, you must have been really inspired and got them done quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KJ. The second one I actually did this morning. LOL. oxox

      Delete
  2. Margie, STOP putting yourself down!!! Your tags look fantastic, I adore both of them, they are gorgeous! So many little details to love, like the little strip of corrugated card on the top one, or that gorgeous embellishment in the left top corner of the second, I could go on and on. Love the addition of the Gesso too! So please, please keep going, these are fantastic and I totally love your quotes! You have just given me an idea for a next project when I'm done with my tags:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid, you are so sweet. I am going to keep going, I just hope I like the next ones a bit better. oxox

      Delete
  3. Wow Margaret these tags look wonderful.. I like the idea of making tags as you are still creating and just on a much smaller scale.. I hope you fill your book with these gorgeous tags and inspirational quotes.. it will be a joy to look back over them... keep creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your tags looks wonderful, love the little words of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Tags Marg. I like your use of gesso. Nice butterfly background and washi tape. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are gorgeous Marg, each one .... and I agree, Astrid's tags are way out of this world, but so are yours.... in 'your' own unique style, which is stunning. I'm looking forwards to seeing the results at the end, where you make a tag booklet like Astrid. The details you added to your tags are so beautiful.... really, you do amazing work. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.