Tuesday 19 February 2013

Prima's 'Craftsman' Paper on a Feminine Card

Hello and welcome.
I have a card to show you which has been made with Prima's Craftsman paper. Now, this is a fairly masculine range of papers but that doesn't mean it can't be used for feminine cards.
 OK, I haven't used a lot of the paper but you can see the masculine design at the edges here.  I actually love the colours of this paper.  For a masculine card it is ideal but as you can see it is just as nice used in a feminine way.  
This is my first attempt at sewing around the edges of my card and I think the tension on my machine is off  but, because I don't have a lot of this embossed cardstock left,  I didn't want to waste it so I'm just going to say it adds a bit of character.  LOL.   The stamp I used is from Kaisercraft and the clock is from Scrapmatts.  I coloured it with a Versa Color Bronze stamp pad.
The patterns and technical drawing on the paper give it great dimension.  I have layered a few pieces here and even brushed a little bit of gesso on the two smaller strips but you really don't have to do a lot to it.   The swirls were cut with a Marianne Creatables Die.

The flower cluster is mounted on a small piece of mesh which I coloured with a Versa Color Umber stamp pad.  The large flower is from Prima and the small roses are from Kaisercraft.  I brushed them all very lightly with gesso.  The leaves were cut with a Die from Magnolia Ink and I've drawn on them with a fine brown texta.  Another little technique I picked up from visiting scrapbooking blogs.  (Love you ladies for sharing your talents)
The tag is a piece I cut from one of Prima's Nature Garden Labels and the small doily was cut using the smallest of Die-namics Decorative Doily Duo Dies.  ( There's that tongue twister again )  I lightly dry brushed the doily with gesso.
And there you have it.  A feminine card made with a very masculine range of papers.
( OK, I know it's not an original idea, but it gave me a nice title for this post.  LOL )

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
ox Marg

5 comments:

  1. You have worked every element of this card to perfection Marg, love it!! The papers are beautiful, and I hope to play with a few myself. Feminine looks brilliant, and the roses work in so beautifully with the papers. Gorgeous little clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, filled with gorgeous details!! The stitching does add character and if you didn't mention it, I would have thought it was purposeful with some of your other distressed features. Love the flower with the mesh behind it!! Yep, everything!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! The stitching looks cool! Like Tracey, I could of thought it was intentional! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marg. I really need to get my sewing machine out. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.