Friday 30 November 2012

Easel Card

Hello and welcome to my little blog.
My 2nd Daughter-in-law had her Birthday the day after my oldest son and I can now show you the card I made for her.
I actually made this card quite a while ago.  Although she's not a 'girly' girl she does love butterflies and flowers, so of course I had to make a card with butterflies and flowers on it.  She's not into the pinks and pretty pastels so the colour range I went for was more to the beige and brown side of  the spectrum.
I wanted something a little different so I chose to make an easel card which is a simple card to make yet looks very effective.



The papers I used are from Prima's En Francais collection.

The Imaginarium butterfly was colored with Hazelnut Paint Dabber, coated with Crackle Accents and, once it was dry, I mounted it on dark brown cardstock which had been sprayed with Pearl Glimmermist.  

The red flower is from Kaisercraft but the others came out of my stash and I have no idea where I got them from.  The leaves were cut with Magnolia Ink's Vintage Flower & Leaf die and the tags are from Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection.  The flourish is a Make'it'Crafty Flower Leaf Swirl which I colored with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then coated with Crackle Accents.
These cute little roses are all from Kaisercraft.

My daughter-in-law is actually Kerry-Jean from KJWStudio and she makes some really fabulous cards. If you're looking for some unique Christmas or Birthday Cards why don't you check out her Etsy Shoppe.  You can find the link on the right hand side of my blog.

That's all for now. Thank you so much for visiting.  Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg
 


5 comments:

  1. This card currently sits on my desk and I LOVE IT!

    You make such lovely "girly" cards and mini books but you did really well with this card for me and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful Marg, love the butterfly (of course) and how you put the gauze fabric behind the flower/embellishments, really can see why it sits on Kerry-Jean's desk proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous creation Margyz and there's simply nothing better than receiving a beautiful handmade gift!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Margy this is outstanding , what a beautiful card, I bet your daughter-in-law loves it .. a treasure. I adore what you have done with the butterfly it is magnificent . which brand of crackle did you use .. I love it xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, Thank you for your kind comments. The crackle I used was Inkssentials Crackle Accents. Like Glossy Accents only 'crackly'. ox Marg

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.