Thursday 1 March 2018

Dream, Believe - A Man Card

Hello my dear visitors and welcome!  So lovely that you stopped by.

I have another card to share today .. another masculine card.  This year, I am trying to get most of these done early so that I have them ready when needed.  Making feminine cards is easy.  I'm always ready to make those, but with male cards, I need to create as many as I can while I'm in the mood (which I am at the moment) otherwise I keep putting them off until it's almost too late.  

I am still using the same basic design I used in my last two cards HERE and HERE
If it ain't broke, don't fix it .. right??   Besides, I have all these fab quote panels to use up and they are working really well with these cards. Well, I think so anyway.  LOL!!
The papers are older ones from Kaisercraft.  I have a lot of their papers in my stash so it's really good to get to use some of it.
The clock was a freebie printed on the computer which I covered with Glossy Accents and I also added a strip of torn washi tape.
There's piece of torn corrugated board tucked in at the side.  I actualy lightly painted it with white gesso but didn't like the way it looked so went over it with black.  Looks a bit messy but that's ok.   It's a man card so it's allowed to be a bit messy.  LOL!!
Just couldn't resist adding some prills and microbeads ..
.. and a few metal cogs.
Added a few splatters here and there for a bit more interest.
Do love this quote panel .. it adds a lovely touch of colour!
Some more of the paper on the inside ..
.. and the full frontal!!
I'm quite happy with the way these cards are turning out.  Using the same basic design makes it so much easier in creating them.

Thank you so very much for dropping by today and for any comment you may care to leave.  Always very welcome and very much appreciated!!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Take care, stay safe and God Bless!

9 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous, Margaret!! I love the layers and the amazing details!! The gears are fabulous!! The texture, too!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, awesome card and gorgeous details and textures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Those beads add such great texture. What a great idea to make them all at once. I know what you mean about being able to whip up a feminine card. I went to send my Dad a birthday card yesterday and I didn't have any in my stash and I have a huge stash. I need to start doing this. Thanks for the inspiration and the idea.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a brilliant card Margaret, the design is perfect, I love those Kaisercraft papers and the clock and cogs are perfect additions - you really do make the most wonderful cards! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good with masculine cards, they allways look great! A lovely design and I like the added metal cogs. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Margaret! This is one amazing masculine card! I love the messy corrugate layer, well, I love all the layers, but messy speaks to me! Tee Hee!Adding the GA to the clock print out is genius, and looks like an expensive store bought embellishment! I applaud you on this wonderful make! Lucky me, I have LOTS of catching up to do on your lovely blog! Off to church now, so I still have that to look forward to! Thank you for being such a sweetheart and leaving all your wonderful comments on my blog! Sending warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret. You are so right about cards for men, I always find it hard to decide what to make without it being the boring car, boat, sports.... you know what I mean but this is great, love it. Maybe if I turn the car and boats into something Steampunk they wont be so boring anymore Lol! Have a lovely crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my friend. I am playing a bit of catch up today, since I have once again fallen so far behind with my blogging. This is just fabulous!! I have to agree with your 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' policy, I stick by that one as well! lol. I think you may really enjoy the next Pion Design collection that's due to be released next week, hint hint. You really do rock the masculine cards, another one for my collection of inspiration whenever the mood hits me. Like you, I need to take advantage of those moments when they happen. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.