Thursday 21 January 2016

A Tag .. and Planner Update!

Hello all my crafty friends.  So pleased you dropped by and hope you are having a wonderful day.

I'm here to share a little tag I created.  I watched a tutorial by Tammy Tuterow and, although the basic technique wasn't something new that I hadn't tried before, it was something I hadn't done in a while so I decided to have a little play.  HERE is the link to the tutorial and ..
this is my tag.


I used a slightly different colour combo to the one Tammy used and she used clear texture paste whereas mine is slightly transparent.  Tammy also added micro beads and glitter while the paste was still wet but, unfortunately, I got called away just after I stenciled this and by the time I got back, it was too late to do that.  Ah well, such is life.  Maybe next time.


I did some stamping on the background with my two fave stamps.  'Arty' and  a Script stamp .. both from Kaisercraft.


The two white blooms are the 'Puffy Paper Flower' and the 'Azalea' which are both available from Megs Garden.  The Azalea was all white , I simply coloured the center with some watered down acrylic paint.  The other flower was part of a crafty gift from my dear friend Heather Jacob.  


The chippie is from 2Crafty Chipboard and I added a little 'Rust' to the Tim Holtz Word Band.  The Word Band is available from Megs Garden.


I didn't follow the whole Tute from Tammy  .. just the basic background .. and then it just grew from there.  Not sure yet what I will do with this tag.  I may even turn it into my next Christmas card .. that should be interesting,  LOL!!

Now, about my Planner.  In my last post I mentioned that I wasn't really happy with the dividers I made.  I was even thinking of perhaps making some mixed media style ones, although that was going to be a lot of work.  Well, I did decide to change them.  Luckily, I had only done January and February so there wasn't a lot to change.

This is the original January divider ..


.. and this is the new one.


I am so much happier with the new ones.  I had downloaded some Katy Pertiet  free printables (HERE is the link) which I was going to use as small labels inside my planner.  I  resized them using Photo Shop and then also changed the colour balance on some of them to match in with the coloured monthly tabs and now they are my dividers .. and I love them!!!  The best part is .. they took hardly any effort at all.
 This is the original February divider ..


.. and this is the new one.



Covered the back of the last weekly January page, and created a pocket to hold my stickers.   A lot neater than doing it the other way,


I do realise that February is not the start of Autumn but I really love this page and it matched in well with the monthly tab.  So March, eat your heart out!!  LOL!!

So, that's my new look Planner.  Every once in a while I will show you more of my pages.  I'm really enjoying putting this together.  I don't have to worry about inking or stamping (unless I want to of course LOL!!)   all I'm really doing is adding stickers and washi (or my facsimile) and then just journaling about the things that are happening in my life.  I love it!!  No stress, no hassles, I only do what I want to do .. like I said "I love it!!"

That's all for today sweet friends.  Thank you so much for visiting and do enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

 

3 comments:

  1. I really like what you've changed in your planner - I can see why it makes you happy. And lovely tag! I'm with you, sometimes you simply forget those techniques that you've done....but haven't tried for a while.... Bad luck with the calling away bizzo. I was expecting a phone call & needed to shower... You know what happened, right?!!!! I'm sure if I had NOT got in, the phone would NOT have rung!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg! I hope you have had a good week so far.. almost the weekend again! Oh wow ,i love your tag, and it could well be christmassy... love the stamping and the gauze too.. and your new planner pages look fresh and uplifting.. Always love to see what you have been up to!! Keep cool! It has been so hot up here this week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous tag Margy with your usual style and panache. Love those Tim Holtz word bands; I have a few of those tucked away too. It's interesting to see the changes to your planner and roll on Autumn I say!. I'm so over these stinking hot days :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.