Friday 12 September 2014

My 2Crafty September Reveal #3 - 'A Gent's Tag'

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to my blog.  Hope you are having a really enjoyable day!
I'm back to share the last of my 2Crafty projects for September.  

This piece is a Masculine Tag.
2Crafty products used
Barbed Wire Border
Compass
Mini Fob Watch
Mini Rulers
Gears
A blank from the Tiny Edwin Corners


The papers used are from Prima's Engraver Collection.  The small piece of the Mini Rulers was brushed with some watered down gesso and, when it was dry, I swiped it with Tea Stain Distress Ink.  Coloured the Compass with Distress Inks as well and then covered it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  Except for the ring around the edge which was left raw, the Fob Watch was coloured with gold Versa Color and then covered in Glossy Accents.  I love that the details of the watch still stand out really well even after colouring it.  Awesome!!


Randomly swiped the gears with Midnight Black Versa Magic and then with Lapislazuli Versa Color.  I also used some Kaisercraft Red Gum and then Silver Versa Color so that they appear old and rustic.  The Barbed Wire Border was also coloured with the Midnight Black Versa Magic and then randomly swiped with a little silver and gold.


Originally I was just going to tie the word band at the bottom of the Tag but, it looked a little bare and needed something underneath to fill the space.  As I was looking through my chipboard pieces I discovered the blank from the Tiny Henry Frames which I had used on a previous project.  I simply cut away one of the centers and inked the edges.  Trimmed a piece of scrap paper to fit and then just tied the word band over the top.  It fills the space up nicely!!


Once everything was assembled and dry, I randomly swiped around the finished Tag with some watered down gesso.


As I said before, this is the last of my 2Crafty reveals for September.  I hope I have inspired you to get some 2Crafty chippies for yourself.  They have a fabulous range to chose from.
To find a stockist near you ... drop an email to salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au and to take a look at  the inspirational projects created by the rest of the Team, please visit the 2Crafty Blog HERE

Thank you so much for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.

8 comments:

  1. Another beautiful piece of Art Margaret. I love the grungy feel created with mixed media and layering. The metal tag adds a perfect focal point :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh ah what a brilliant piece Marg!! I love your grunge perfection. The barbed wire looks amazing! The cogs and hessian are a really nice touch. LOVE IT!!! Also wanted to thank-you for vising my blog and leaving kind words. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, such a mix of textures,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully put together tag full of amazing masculine elements

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful Marg, very textured and love the metallic look to it.. love the blog header too.. I hope your weekend has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! So many wonderful textures on here, it looks fantastic! Love the barbed wire! Brilliantly put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lordy this is good Margaret! LOVE the whole layering approach and even with darker colours it looks superb. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.