Friday 8 February 2013

Altered Tissue Box Cover

Hello everyone.  So glad you're here for a visit.
I'd like to show you a tissue box cover that I altered a little while ago.  I had a Kaisercraft Tissue Box in my stash and decided to pretty it up.  It's not elaborate so it  didn't take a lot of time to do but I'm quite pleased with the result.
 For this project I used paper from Kaisercraft's Sweet Nothings Collection ( love that bird cage ).    I cut a piece from Kaisercraft's gate flourish and glued that to the side. I didn't bother colouring it because I felt it looked fine as is.
 I've had the little roses for quite some time so I'm not sure where they are from, I think  they might be Prima, but again I'm not sure. 
 The spiral stems were originally straight, I just twisted them around an old paint brush to get the spiral and the leaves were cut with a punch from EK Success.
This side I just left plain.  All I did was edge the paper with Versa Color Umber.  All the papers are done  the same.
The next side was covered with a different design from the same paper collection.
 The butterfly is another wooden piece from Kaisercraft and, again, I left it bare and just placed the flat back pearls on the wings.  I did edge it slightly with Versa Color Umber.
This flower is from Prima ( I'm pretty sure it is ), the spirals are the same as on the other side and the greenery was punched out with Martha Stewart's Branch Punch.
 This side was also left plain.
The hole at the top of the cover was edged with some dusky pink braid.
And there you have it.  My altered tissue box cover. 
 The reason I made it with two slightly different colour-ways is because, it sits on a shelf in the corner so you only get to see two sides at a time and, when I get tired of looking at one side I simply turn it around and get a new perspective.  I must admit though, I do prefer the bird cage side.

Thank you once again for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox Marg


4 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful home decor piece!! Lovely embellishments! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I could do with some non-hurting tissues about now, you know those nice soft aloe ones? Full of a cold, and feeling ick!! Must say your tissue box cover is beautiful, and I really like how you decorated it. Agree regarding the birdcage, it is sooo sweet - love the flowers and the pretty little branch punch by Martha Stewart (haven't seen that before).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one.